What to Do for Halloween in the Lowcountry
Posted By: Brad Thompson
In: Charleston Area Events
Date: Thu, Oct 5th 2017 9:58 am
It’s already October somehow which means it will be Halloween before you know it! Luckily for residents of the Lowcountry, there is no shortage of scary activities to do on this fun and family-friendly holiday, regardless of age or interest. Below is a list of Halloween events around the area and the links to their respective websites for more information. And if you’re looking for things to do this month that aren’t related to Halloween, check out my blog from last week for a great list!
- Boone Hall Fright Nights: Easily one of the more popular Halloween events in the area, this scary celebration at Boone Hall lasts the entire month of October and has multiple attractions including a haunted hayride through the woods! This may be a little too scary for younger family members!
- Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch: Decidedly more tame than its scarier "Fright Night" counterpart, the Pumpkin Patch takes place during the day at Boone Hall and offers attractions such as its famous corn maze and of course, plenty of pumpkins to choose from!
- Family Fright Nights: As the name implies, this Halloween event at Magnolia Plantation is meant for families and has toned down the scare factor. Expect face painting and hay mazes at this family-friendly event only taking place the weekends of October 20/21st and the 27/28th!
- Legare Farms Pumpkin Patch: Head to John's Island for this family-friendly event to enjoy some of the more innocent Fall activities like pumpkin picking and hay rides.
- Charleston Screams: Head to the Citadel Mall any weekend this month beginning the 13th for a frightening Halloween experience based on some of the scarier parts of Charleston's history!
- The Haunted Jail Tour: Take a tour of the Old City Jail, considered one of the most haunted places in Charleston! Tours are available nightly, but make sure to get your tickets ahead of time!
- Haunted Pub Tour: Experience this tour of some of Charleston's most haunted locations while enjoying some of it's best local beers and cocktails any day for the month of October!
- Halloween Costume Party: Head to the Royal American on the 28th for the finale of the Charleston Arts Festival! Tickets will give you access to great music, a costume contest, and other fun activities!
- The Red Party: A 1920's themed Halloween party at the Old City Jail, this event for adults is bound to be an entertaining evening for those who can attend on the 27th.
Check some of these out this month and let me know what you think! Stay safe this year!