Weekend Update for Charleston SC
Weekend update for Charleston!!
It’s going to be a big four day weekend with the solar eclipse coming on Monday. Monday is not an “official” holiday but I know a lot of people are taking off work and numerous businesses are closing. The hotels are all booked so it looks like it’s going to be a congested weekend around town. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- Pounce Café and Wine Bar. This unusual concept allows you to book an hour to spend with kittens and older cats while enjoying a glass of wine or a non-alcoholic beverage. Make a 1hour reservation for $15 which includes a glass of wine, local beer or unlimited tea & coffee. The best part about this concept is that Pounce has teamed up with the Charleston Animal Society so you can adopt your new pet at the end of your visit! For more information visit www.pouncecatcafe.com.
- Take a kayak tour. Bond with nature while paddling around scenic Shem Creek. You should see blue herons, egrets, oyster catchers and grand oak trees. Best off all you’ll probably be paddling with the local dolphins!! A two hour tour should be sufficient. There are two companies on Shem Creek -Nature’s Adventure, $45 per person and Coastal Expeditions, $52 per person. For information visit: www.coastalexpeditions.com. or www.kayakcharlestonsc.com.
- Velocity Air Sports – beat the heat and enjoy some indoor family fun. This indoor playground features a trampoline park, ninja bounce house and warrior obstacle course, airslam basketball and an arcade. A one hour pass is $15 and two hours are $25. For more information visit www.velocityairsports.com.
- Swing Dance anyone? Prohibition on King Street hosts swing dance nights on Wednesdays and Sundays. Get a free lesson from Steven Duanne then dance the night away to the V-tones. The evening begins at 6:30pm. For more information visit www.prohibitioncharleston.com.
- The Riverdogs are in town this weekend hosting August Green Jackets, Friday through Monday. Fireworks will be on Friday and Monday. Game times are 7pm, 6pm, 5pm and 4pm. Monday the gates will open at 1pm with experts and special exhibits for the solar eclipse at 2:48pm. Call 843-577-DOGS for more information and ticket info. Maybe you'll even see Bill Murray!!
- Freshfields on Kiawah Island has entertainment on Friday evenings from 6pm until 9pm. This week’s entertainment is Shrimp City Slim with some great lowcountry bluegrass. The event is free, so bring your beach chair and blankets and settle in for the show. You can also do some shopping in the area. For more information call 843-768-9166.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call or text 843-718-7442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.