Weekend Update for Charleston SC
Weekend update for Charleston!!
Well, winter weather has kicked in this week. Cold and wet for the next few days. Don’t let a little weather dampen you Christmas spirit. There are many fun activities this weekend to help with your holiday cheer. Here are a few suggestions:
- Saturday is the 36th annual Parade of Boats from 5pm to approximately 8pm. It begins on the Mt. Pleasant side of the harbor around 5:15pm and should hit the Charleston side around 6:30pm. There are many free spots to view the parade and several planned parties. The County Parks will have an Oyster Roast at the Mt. Pleasant Pier. Admission is $10 and buckets of oysters will be available for $10. For more information on this event visit www.charlestoncountyparks.com. The Charleston Rotary will host a party at the Maritime Center from 5pm – 8pm. Tickets are $35 which includes BBQ, a catered dinner and sweets. Cash bar is available. For more information visit www.charlestonparadeofboats.com.
- There are several Holiday Markets and Crafts:
- Holiday Market at Marion Square, Saturday and Sunday from 9am – 3pm.
- Pleasant Holiday Market at Moultrie Middle School from 11am – 4pm.
- Charleston Night Market at the City Market from 6:30pm – 10:30pm.
- The amazing holiday train display at the Belmond Charleston Place Hotel. Stop by and see the miniature replica of the Venice Simplon Orient Express under the hotel’s magnificent chandelier. Free now through January 2nd.
- After you’ve visited the Belmond take a stroll up King Street for 2nd Sunday on King. King Street between Calhoun and Queen will be closed from 1pm – 5pm for the monthly street festival with plenty of shopping, food and beverage vendors and entertainment.
- Continue your holiday celebration with the Mt. Pleasant Holiday Parade and tree lighting Sunday from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. For more information visit www.experiencemountpleasant.com.
- The Kiawah Island marathon and half-marathon will be Saturday at 8am. The cost is $45. For more information visit www.kiawahresort.com/recreation/kiawah-island-marathon/pre-race-information.
- Stingray Hockey at the North Charleston Coliseum Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 2pm. Come watch the Rays take on the Atlanta Gladiators. For more information visit www.stingrayshockey.com.
- The Holiday Festival of Lights! The lights run from now until Janyuary 1st from 5:30pm – 10:30pm. Admission is $20 per vehicle. For more information visit holidayfestivaloflights.com.
- Fill Restaurant and Piano Bar. Come watch the fun as Jonathan Ansley and a special guest musician battle it out. Shows are 6pm and 9pm. For more information visit fillbar.com.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.