Weekend update for Charleston
Weekend update for Charleston!!
Last week seems to have been the turning point for Charleston’s weather to skyrocket into the nineties with high humidity every day! Probably won’t get a break until mid-September. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- Want something really different- The Charleston Margarita Festival! Friday night at Brittlebank Park will be the second annual festival from 7pm -11pm. Sample from 25 margarita selections, beers and food. All accompanied by live music. Tickets $40.
- Charleston Jam on the Water Concert Series – Charleston Harbor Tours, Sweetwater Brewing Company and Follywood Productions host a brews and music cruise. The 2 hour cruise leaves from City Marina on Friday at 7pm. Tickets are $22. For more information go to www.charlestonharbortours.com. Music provided by The Reckoning, a Grateful Dead Tribute Band.
- The Caribbean Jerk Festival at North Charleston’s Riverfront Park. The event is Saturday from 4pm – 11pm. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the gate. Come to this family friendly event and sample Caribbean food, music and culture.
- The Mt. Pleasant Pier will be hopp’n Friday and Saturday night. Friday night will have DJ Jim Bowers spinning oldies, classics and modern dance hits. Saturday night is Shaggin on the Cooper. Events run from 7pm – 11pm and admission is $10. Food and beverages are available for purchase. No outside food, beverages or coolers. For more information call 843-795-4386.
- Freshfields on Kiawah Island has entertainment on Friday evenings from 6pm until 9pm. This week’s entertainment is Three Sheets Island Band featuring Mowtown, Beach, Rock andTop 40 music. The event is free, so bring your beach chair and blankets and settle in for the show. You can also do some shopping in the area. For more information call 843-768-9166.
- Folly Beach will have their weekly Moonlight Mixer on the pier. DJ Jim Bowers will be playing the best of beach and dance music from 7pm – 11pm Friday evening. Admission is $10. Food and beverages are available for purchase. No outside food, beverage or coolers. For more information call 843-795-4386
- The Charleston Farmers Market in Marion Square from 9am – 2pm Saturday. This market features over 100 local vendors. Free and family friendly.
- Let’s stay cool at one of our local waterparks. All parks are open from 10 am until 6pm. For more information call 843-795-4386:
- Splashzone Waterpark, 871 Riverland Drive, James Island
- Splash Island, Needlerush Lane, Mt. Pleasant.
- Whirl’n Water, 8888 University Blvd. North Charleston
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.