Things to do in Charleston this weekend
Things to do this weekend in Charleston!!
Enough with the rain, someone turn off the faucet!! It looks like we’ll be able to dry out and have a nice weather weekend. Here are a few suggested activities for this weekend:
- Alligator Jack’s Crawfish Festival, Saturday from 12 until 6pm at Trophy Lakes on Johns Island. Tickets range from $10 - $40. Come out for some Cajun food, crawfish, craft beer and music. Live music provided by Jean Prewitt and Carolina Gumbo. While you’re there Trophy Lakes also has waterskiing, tubing and more!
- The Piccolo Spoleto Festival Finale will be Saturday from 5pm -10pm. It should be a beautiful evening with food trucks, music and family fun. The musical lineup features Sweet Crude, a six-piece band out of Louisiana; New Galaxy, a Charleston staple that plays covers from many genres; and 17-year-old Karoline Rhett, a singer-songwriter. The finale is free and open to the public.
- The 11th annual Rotary Club Duck Race at Children’s Park and Community Pier on Daniel Island. The event begins at 10am. Rubber ducks can be purchased for $10 each and dropped from the James Edwards Bridge into the Wando River at noon. The purchaser of the winning duck will receive $10,000. Second place will receive $5,000 and third through seventh will receive $1,000 each. There will be food trucks, games and lots of family fun.
- Take a Charleston Food Tour. The tours focus on local growers and producers highlighting the Lowcountry’s culinary heritage. There are five different tours which last approximately 2.5 hours and cost $60. For more information call 843-722-8687.
- The Party at the Point continues at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina Friday night from 5:30pm – 9:30pm. The featured band this weekend is Broadcast 90 the ultimate 90’s tribute band. Admission is $7 and food and beverages are available for purchase. For more information call 843 769-4799.
- The Riverdogs take on Asheville Thursday June 8th at 7pm at “The Joe.”
- The Charleston Battery host the Richmond Kickers Saturday at 7pm at the MUSC Health Stadium. The honor first responders and there will be firetrucks, police cars and ambulances for the kids to tour. For more information call 843-971-GOAL.
- The Deep Water Vineyard/Firefly Distillery will have music and food from noon until 4pm. The facilities are a nice drive out to Wadmalaw Island. Head out to have a relaxing afternoon sampling the spirits at the Vineyard and Distillery. For more information call 843-559-6867.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.