Selling Your Home in the Winter Months
Posted By: Marsha Grimm
In: Selling Your Home in the Winter Months
Date: Wed, Dec 7th 2016 7:20 pm
A lot of sellers think winter is not the ideal time to put their house on the market but there are always buyers out there! Here are some helpful tips:
Your lawn and your yard never look their best during the winter months, grass is brown, trees are bare and then there are the shrubs...
- Display pictures of your yard in the spring, summer and fall months for potential buyers to see.
- Keep your yard as neat and cleaned up as you can, rake all leaves, trim the shrubs and keep the lawn mowed if necessary.
- And, of course, if you live in snow country always be sure your driveway and sidewalks are shoveled.
Be sure your home has a warm and cozy feeling when potential buyers come in the front door.
- Keep the thermostat high enough to take off the chill.
- Open the shades and blinds to let natural light in.
- Add some warm and snuggly looking throws on the furniture.
- If you have an gas fireplace turn it on. It’s not a good idea to have a wood burning fire lit when you are not at home but dress it up to draw attention to it.
Inventory is usually a little lower during this time of year so take advantage of that because there are always buyers looking for a home. Bring out the unique features when marketing your home to make it stand out above others in the area.
Overall the market is great so winter should be just about as great as any other time of year. Happy Selling!!