When a homeowner decides they need or want to sell their home, they make the decision to hire a professional to market their home. How does a seller go about making the decision about which agent is forthem.
Typically, a seller will consider 2 things --
1) which agent can get the most money for their home
2) which agent will charge the least amount
In my opinion, these are not the most important questions when selecting the right agent. While these are important, they should not be the only considerations.
There are several points that should be considered:
1) Do not select the agent based strictly on personality or a "connection"
2) You need an agent who will get results --- not just one that you have "a good feeling" about
3) You are not hiring a friend -- you want to hire someone to do the job
4) You would want to ask the agent (if an experienced agent) -- what percentage of your listings expire
5) You would want to ask the agent (if an experienced agent) -- what is your average days on the market
6) You would want to ask the agent (if an experienced agent) -- what is your ratio of list price to sales price
7) You want want to ask the agent -- what is your knowledge of my neighborhood
8) You want want to ask the agent -- what is your philosophy on using the internet to market my home
9) You would want to ask the agent for references ( if an experience agent)
10) You would want to know if the agent if full time
Sometimes an inexperienced agent may be the better choice -- at least that agent has the time and energy to focus totally on your home -- you want a "professional" agent who is dedicated to his/her profession.