Mark Your Calendar for These Awesome Fall Events!
The events of the past few weeks have been exhausting, to say the least. Between a multitude of natural disasters and a laundry list of political issues at home, I thought it may be appropriate to take a step back and remember how lucky we are to be residents of this wonderful area and to take stock of the many events we have to look forward to this Fall. Below is a list of events coming to the Lowcountry in October (and a few for the end of September), ranging from family and child-friendly affairs to ones restricted to people 21+ years old. Hopefully, there is something for just about everyone!
- 9/29, 10/04, 10/12, 10/13, 10/28: Charleston Arts Festival 2017 - An arts festival spanning several weeks, culminating in a Halloween Finale on Oct. 28th. Various locations so
besure to check the website!
- 10/01: MUSC Oktoberfest - A family-friendly Oktoberfest celebration at the MUSC Stadium.
- 10/05: MarshJAM at TheBEND - FREE concert series with food and beer at this awesome location on the Ashley River.
- 10/07: Charleston Battery’s Final Home Game of the Season - Watch their last home game at MUSC stadium when they take on the Harrisburg City Islanders!
- 10/11-15: Disney on Ice: Frozen - Take the kids to see this family-friendly show in North Charleston while it lasts!
- 10/15: Children’s Day Festival - Head to Mt. Pleasant for the 30th Annual Town of Mount Pleasant Children’s Day Festival for a free, family-friendly day of fun!
- 10/15: Dining for a Cause - Help raise money for "Feed the Need", a local soup kitchen and shelter charity by enjoying a dinner prepared by some of the best chefs in the Lowcountry!
- 10/21: East Cooper Speakeasy: Prohibition for a Cause - Head to Mt. Pleasant to enjoy this Prohibition-era party benefitting many local charities, as well as others supported by the Rotary Club.
- 10/21: Third Eye Blind Concert - See this famous band from the 90's at Volvo Stadium for their 20th year in the business!
- 10/22: Darius Rucker Concert - See this local star play this month in North Charleston at the Volvo Stadium!
- 10/28: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in Concert - See this famous movie on a 40' screen with all the music performed in sync with the Charleston Symphony Orchestra!
- 10/28: 19th Annual James Island Connector Run - choose between 5k and 10k for a healthy day with the family at this Lowcountry tradition.
- HALLOWEEN: Check my blog next week for a list of Halloween options this year in the Lowcountry!
Give some of these a shot and remember how lucky we are to live where we do! If you aren't so lucky, contact me ASAP to relocate you to our wonderful corner of the country!