Lowcountry Events for November
As Winter approaches and Fall comes to an end, it’s time for residents of the Lowcountry to change gears when it comes to what extracurricular activities are available to them. While we are lucky enough to live in a climate which allows outdoor activities to continue far past when most areas in the country would have to pack it in, it may still be time to take stock of the wonderful winter events the Lowcountry has to offer. Let’s start with November:
- The 13th Annual Oyster Roast and Silent Auction: This annual oyster roast for the Friends of the Hunley foundation will be held at the Bus Shed downtown on November 3rd this year. In addition to oysters and a silent auction, expect some great live music and all-you-can-eat BBQ, as well. Buy tickets here!
- The Charleston MacOff: Head to Patriots Point on November 4th for music, food, and the opportunity to vote on 20 different Mac and Cheese entries from local restaurants and food trucks. Get your tickets early for a $10 discount!
- Lowcountry Hoedown: The 6th annual Lowcountry Hoedown is being held at the Bus Shed at the Visitor's Center on November 4th. Come out for local live music, food, beer, and spirits!
- Holiday Festival of Lights: The 28th Annual Holiday Festival of lights at the James Island County Park will begin on November 10th this year and run through January 1st. Although it may be best known for its 3-mile driving tour, the festival has many other attractions to check out, from carousels to Santa's Village.
- Head for the Cure: Head to Palmetto Islands County Park in Mount Pleasant this November 4th to participate in a 5k run/walk to raise awareness and funds for the fight against brain cancer!
- Charleston Burger Week: From November 8th to the 14th, give the Lowcountry's burger-offerings a try during Charleston Burger Week. After purchasing your Burger Passport, you will be able to enjoy a variety of burger deals at participating restaurants during that week.
- Smoke on the Harbor: The Charleston Harbor will be hosting the 6th annual Smoke on the Harbor BBQ competition this year on November 10th & 11th. The event will have live music and other food vendors in addition to all the great BBQ to try!
- Steeplechase of Charleston: Head out to the Stono Ferry Racetrack on November 12th for the Steeplechase of Charleston. The first race begins a 1 pm, however, there are plenty of other things to enjoy such as the fleet of food trucks or tailgating yourself!
- A Christmas Carol: The Dock Street Theater downtown will be hosting this holiday classic from November 29th to December 20th!
- Ultra Chili 10x5k and 5k Race: Charleston's 3rd annual ultramarathon will be held on November 18th this year at the Laurel Hill County Park in Mount Pleasant. With several distance options, this event allows for individuals, as well as teams of two or four, to put themselves to the test in this multiloop course spanning the grounds of this huge park!