10 Great reasons to list your home now and sell it during the holidays!
The misconception that selling your home during the holidays is a bad idea? Actually it can be a great idea! Here are 10 good reasons to list your house now and not wait unit after the first of the year.
- One great reason is many people travel during the holidays, if you are leaving town there is no better time than when your house is empty of kids, animals and daily messes.
- Houses decorated during the holidays usually show all of those great features that during the rest of the year sit dormant. Decorate and let home buyers see how your home can shine!
- Buyers who are looking during the holidays are very motivated.
- Less inventory, so less distractions and competition on the market.
- Searching for homes has become very virtual so people are looking all the time!
- Many people have more time off during the holidays so they have time to tour houses.
- Many people are changing jobs and move to new cities in January, a good time to transition kids from schools, so finding the perfect home is crucial for some people during the holidays
- Our world has become very international and many people don’t celebrate the same holidays at the same time so this may not be a holiday for many house hunters.
- Buying a new home before January 1st may have added tax benefits for the home buyer.
- And the best reason to sell your house now means you can start your own new adventure. A new year with a new home of your own!!
So don’t wait! Deck out your Front Porch and Beat the competition. Lets get your house listed now!! For a free comparative market analysis contact me!!
- Wendy Roper, REALTOR