Weekend update in Charleston
Posted By: Ralph Campbell
In: Things to do in Charleston
Date: Thu, Jul 6th 2017 12:24 pm
Weekend update for Charleston!!
The Fourth of July has come and gone but the weather is here to stay. Forecasts for the weekend predict hot and steamy weather. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- The Riverdogs are in town this weekend hosting Columbia Friday through Monday. Fireworks will be on Friday and Monday. Game times are 7pm, 6pm, 5pm and 7pm. Call 843-577-DOGS for more information and ticket info.
- Go to the beach!! We have several beaches close to Charleston. Sullivan’s Island, Isle of Palms and Folly Beach. All are around 20 – 30 minutes from downtown, under normal conditions. If you’re traveling to Folly head out before 10am. After that your ride will take over an hour. Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island start seeing heavy traffic around 11am and will add anywhere from 15 – 30 extra minutes to your ride. Alcohol is not allowed on any of the beaches and there are pet restrictions. Folly beach has banned all Styrofoam on the beach.
- The Charleston Battery will host Louisville on Saturday at MUSC Health stadium. The game begins at 7:05pm and its Dollar Beer night. For the intense soccer fans, gates will open at 4pm to watch the US/Panama match on the 3,000 square jumbotron. For more information call 843-973-GOAL.
- Freshfields on Kiawah Island has entertainment on Friday evenings from 6pm until 9pm. This week’s entertainment is Diverse Groove featuring Mowtown, Beach, Rock andTop 40 music. The event is free, so bring your beach chair and blankets and settle in for the show. You can also do some shopping in the area. For more information call 843-768-9166.
- Folly Beach will have their weekly Moonlight Mixer on the pier. DJ Jim Bowers will be playing the best of beach and dance music from 7pm – 11pm Friday evening. Admission is $10. Food and beverages are available for purchase. No outside food, beverage or coolers. For more information call 843-795-4386
- The Charleston Farmers Market in Marion Square from 9am – 2pm Saturday. This market features over 100 local vendors. Free and family friendly.
- Let’s stay cool at one of our local waterparks. All parks are open from 10 am until 6pm. For more information call 843-795-4386:
- Splashzone Waterpark, 871 Riverland Drive, James Island
- Splash Island, Needlerush Lane, Mt. Pleasant.
- Whirl’n Water, 8888 University Blvd. North Charleston
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.