Weekend Update in Charleston SC
Posted By: Ralph Campbell
In: Things to do in Charleston
Date: Thu, Oct 5th 2017 8:18 am
Weekend update for Charleston!!
After a few hot days it looks like this weekend will be a little cooler. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- 2nd Sunday on King – take a leisurely stroll down King Street, shop, eat at the outdoor pop-up food areas and chill. There will be a special Arts Festival between Hassell and Beaufain Streets and the Charleston Symphony Orchestra will be playing a sampling of music from theirt 2017-2018 season.
- This is Parent’s Weekend for the Citadel. The Bulldogs will be hosting Mercer beginning at 2pm. Typically the downtown restaurants are extremely busy so make your reservations early!
- CCPRC will host a fishing tournament at the Mt. Pleasant Pier. Registration will begin at 6am. Children 15 & under must be accompanied by a Guardian. For more information call 843-588-3474.
- The MOJA Festival of Arts a celebration of African American and Caribbean arts, runs from Thursday September 28th through Sunday October 8th. The opening parade is Thursday night beginning at Marion Square and ending at the Customs House on East Bay St. About half of the events are free and the remainder are reasonably priced. For more information visit mojafestival.com.
- After taking a year off Fright Nights return to Boone Hall Plantation! The events begin on Friday September 29th and run through Tuesday October 31. There are four attractions – the Cemetery of Lost Souls, The Crypt, the Gateway and the Wicked Woods Cemetery Haunted Hayride. For more information visit www.BooneHallFrightNights.com.
- Fill Restaurant and Piano Bar. Come watch the fun as Jonathan Ansley and a special guest musician battle it out. Shows are 6pm and 9pm. For more information visit fillbar.com.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.