Weekend Update for Charleston SC
Posted By: Ralph Campbell
In: Things to do in Charleston
Date: Thu, Jul 20th 2017 12:03 pm
Weekend update for Charleston!!
It looks like the intense heat is here to stay – welcome to Charleston’s summer! When planning your day in Charleston this time of year you can usually count on a late afternoon thunderstorm, so plan accordingly. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- How about a brewery tour! You can pick a few breweries on your own or you can sign up for the Brews Cruise Bus tour and forget the hassle and danger of driving. The tour visits three different breweries daily. You will get 5-6 generous selections at each brewery. There will be a cooler on the bus to purchase growlers, bombers or six packs. The breweries visited are as follows:
- Tuesday –Revelry, Westbrook, Holy City 1:45pm - 5:45pm
- Wednesday- Revelry, Westbrook, Holy City 1:45pm - 5:45pm
- Thursday- Coast, Westbrook, Holy City 1:45pm - 5:45pm
- Friday- Palmetto, Westbrook, Holy City 12:30pm - 4:45pm
- Saturday-Holy City, Coast, Palmetto 12:30pm – 4:45pm
- Sunday- Frothy Beard, Holy City, Revelry 1:45pm – 5:45pm
Tours are $65 per person. For more information visit email@example.com.
- Not into craft beers? How about a wine tasting. Mira Winerys Napa Valley tasting room offers a unique opportunity to sample Napa wines in historic downtown Charleston. The non-pretentious tasting educates the participant on how the wines are made, topography and soil structure. The cost for a 3 flight sampling is $35 for the Napa Valley Series and $65 for the Collectors Series. By appointment only. For more information call (888) 819-4668.
- Fill Restaurant and Piano bar has dueling pianos Friday and Saturday evenings. There are two shows- 6:30pm – 8:30pm and 9:30pm – close. There is a $7 entertainment free for the show but the fee is waived with food purchase. Reservations recommended. For more information visit www.fillbar.com.
- You’ve seen the City Market by day but what about at night? Friday and Saturday evenings with more than 100 talented craftsmen and artists. The market is open from 6:30pm – 10:30pm and is free! All vendors are 100% local with 100% items made locally for sale.
- Want something really unusual? Pounce Cat Café and wine bar. You can enjoy coffee, tea wine and craft beer while cuddling with cats and kittens. Pounce partnered with the Charleston Animal Society to get homeless kittens and cats adopted. The cost is $15 which includes 1hour visit time and 1 beverage of choice. For more information visit www.pouncecatcafe.com.
- Freshfields on Kiawah Island has entertainment on Friday evenings from 6pm until 9pm. This week’s entertainment is Hot Sauce featuring dance, funk, rock and Top 40 music. The event is free, so bring your beach chair and blankets and settle in for the show. You can also do some shopping in the area. For more information call 843-768-9166.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.