Weekend Update for Charleston SC
Weekend update for Charleston!!
After a few hot days it looks like this weekend will be a little cooler. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- The MOJA Festival of Arts a celebration of African American and Caribbean arts, runs from Thursday September 28th through Sunday October 8th. The opening parade is Thursday night beginning at Marion Square and ending at the Customs House on East Bay St. About half of the events are free and the remainder are reasonably priced. For more information visit mojafestival.com.
- After taking a year off Fright Nights return to Boone Hall Plantation! The events begin on Friday September 29th and run through Tuesday October 31. There are four attractions – the Cemetery of Lost Souls, The Crypt, the Gateway and the Wicked Woods Cemetery Haunted Hayride. For more information visit www.BooneHallFrightNights.com.
- Shrimp on the Barbie Festival at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina will be on Saturday October 1st from 1pm until 5pm. Come watch local chefs cook our fabulous local shrimp in a competition to land a spot to go to the World Food Championship. Admission is $10. For more information visit citypapertickets.com.
- The Washout on Folly Beach will host a hurricane relief fundraiser Saturday from 2pm – 7pm and Sunday from 11am-6pm.
- The Charleston Firefighter Calendar debut party will be Saturday from 6pm – 11pm at Memminger Auditorium. Come meet the firefighters and help raise money for the Charleston Animal Society. For more information visit charlestonanimalsociety.org.
- Park Circle Oktoberfest is Saturday from noon until 6pm. Come sample the many local brews, enjoy local food vendors and list to the tune of numerous local bands. Free parking and admission.
- Hall & Oates Saturday at 7:30pm at the North Charleston Coliseum.
- Fill Restaurant and Piano Bar. Come watch the fun as Jonathan Ansley and a special guest musician battle it out. Shows are 6pm and 9pm. For more information visit fillbar.com.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.