Weekend update for Charleston SC
Posted By: Ralph Campbell
In: Things to do in Charleston
Date: Thu, Aug 3rd 2017 9:42 am
Weekend update for Charleston!!
We’ve had some pretty sketchy weather over the past two weeks and the remainder of this week looks like more of the same. Watch the weather carefully to plan around the pop-up thunderstorms. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- Sales tax free weekend! Shop ‘till you drop! Shoppers will save 6% state sales tax and any applicable local tax on back to school supplies. Save on clothes and shoes, bookbags and computers. Even if you’re not going back to school you can still save big. Items such as jewelry, cosmetics, eyewear and furniture are not exempt.
- Fill Restaurant and Piano Bar. This Saturday will be Piano Man: Tribute to Billy Joel. Come watch the fun as Jonathan Ansley and David D battle it out. Shows are 6pm and 9pm. 3 course meal + admission $50; 2 drinks + admission $30. For more information visit www.fillbar.com.
- Waterfront music and movie night at the Mt. Pleasant Memorial Park. Bring your beach chairs and kick back and listen to the Travis Allen Band at 6:30pm then watch Pitch Perfect 2 at 8:30pm. Come out and enjoy this family friendly event.
- How about some magic - Kellar Oneal will provide an evening of brain bending magic, intriguing mysteries and mind reading. Tickets are $39.95 and can be purchased at www.thesoutherncharmer.com. The Palmetto Crescent Parlour is located at 49 Archdale St.
- Catch the last Reggae Night at the James Island County Park. Music begins at 8:30 provided by Mystic Vibrations. Bring a chair or blanket and have a relaxing evening under the stars. Admission is $10 per person. For more information visit www.charlestoncountyparks.com.
- Swing Dance anyone? Prohibition on King Street hosts swing dance nights on Wednesdays and Sundays. Get a free lesson from Steven Duanne then dance the night away to the V-tones. The evening begins at 6:30pm. For more information visit www.prohibitioncharleston.com.
- The Riverdogs are in town this weekend hosting Columbia Friday through Monday. Fireworks will be on Friday and Monday. Game times are 7pm, 6pm, 5pm and 7pm. Call 843-577-DOGS for more information and ticket info. Maybe you'll even see Bill Murray!!
- Freshfields on Kiawah Island has entertainment on Friday evenings from 6pm until 9pm. This week’s entertainment is Permanent Vacation featuring Rock, Pop and Shagmusic. The event is free, so bring your beach chair and blankets and settle in for the show. You can also do some shopping in the area. For more information call 843-768-9166.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.