Weekend Update for Charleston SC
Posted By: Ralph Campbell
In: Things to do in Charleston
Date: Thu, Jul 27th 2017 9:05 am
Weekend update for Charleston!!
We’ve had some pretty sketchy weather over the past two weeks and the remainder of this week looks like more of the same. Watch the weather carefully to plan around the pop-up thunderstorms. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities to take your mind off the heat. Here are a few suggested activities:
- Bowling – The Alley on Columbus street is a great way to beat the heat and the rain. The Alley features eight bowling lanes, three bars with craft beers, a full kitchen with great American classics, retro arcade games, multiple TVs and two 160” projection screens. Hours are Thursday through Sunday 11am – 2am; 21 and over after 9pm. Lane rentals are $45 per hour per lane. For more information/reservations call 843-818-4830
- The South Carolina Aquarium – the aquarium is a great place to get up close with over 5,000 animals and plants from the mountains to the sea. Experience the Touch Tank - Touch and feel several species of invertebrates, like hermit crabs, whelk, sea urchins, horseshoe crabs, and Atlantic stingrays. Aquarium staff and volunteers answer questions while you explore. For more information visit www.scaquarium.org.
- Take a Haunted tour of the Old City Jail. This might be a good one for locals too, before the developer renovates the building into office space. Take a tour through the eerie structure that has housed from 1802 until 1939. For more information call 800-987-9852.
- The Charleston Museum, the first museum in America founded in 1773. Featuring: Lowcountry History, Historic Armory, Charleston in the Revolutionary War, "City Under Seige" (civil war), Natural History Hall, Kidstory, and Historic Textiles GalleryFeaturing: Lowcountry History, Historic Armory, Charleston in the Revolutionary War, "City Under Seige" (civil war), Natural History Hall, Kidstory, and Historic Textiles GalleryLearn more about the cultural and natural history of Charleston and the South Carolina Lowcountry. For more information visit www.charlestonmuseum.org.
- The Charleston Battery are home this weekend hosting the Orlando City at MUSC Health Stadium on Daniel Island. Saturday is Date Night with BOGO tickets and a $10 special – two 16 oz beers and two koozies. To sweeten the deal, bring your koozies back to the bar and receive $2 off your beers all night. For more information 843-971-GOAL.
- How about a brewery tour! You can pick a few breweries on your own or you can sign up for the Brews Cruise Bus tour and forget the hassle and danger of driving. The tour visits three different breweries daily. You will get 5-6 generous selections at each brewery. There will be a cooler on the bus to purchase growlers, bombers or six packs. The breweries visited are as follows:
- Tuesday –Revelry, Westbrook, Holy City 1:45pm - 5:45pm
- Wednesday- Revelry, Westbrook, Holy City 1:45pm - 5:45pm
- Thursday- Coast, Westbrook, Holy City 1:45pm - 5:45pm
- Friday- Palmetto, Westbrook, Holy City 12:30pm - 4:45pm
- Saturday-Holy City, Coast, Palmetto 12:30pm – 4:45pm
- Sunday- Frothy Beard, Holy City, Revelry 1:45pm – 5:45pm
Tours are $65 per person. For more information visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freshfields on Kiawah Island has entertainment on Friday evenings from 6pm until 9pm. This week’s entertainment is the Travis Allison Band featuring Rock, Pop and Americana music. The event is free, so bring your beach chair and blankets and settle in for the show. You can also do some shopping in the area. For more information call 843-768-9166.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.