Weekend Update Charleston SC
Posted By: Ralph Campbell
In: Things to do in Charleston
Date: Wed, Nov 8th 2017 7:27 pm
Weekend update for Charleston!!
We have a big break this week with daytime temperatures in the 60’s and a minor chance of rain. Great nighttime sleeping weather. Veteran’s Day is Saturday and there are events to honor the brave men and women who have served. As usual, there are many indoor and outdoor activities and here are a few suggested activities:
- Saturday November 8th is the Veteran’s Day Parade in downtown Charleston. The parade begins at 10am at Market and Concord Streets, down East Bay to Broad and ends at Colonial Lake. Come on out and recognize our Veterans!!
- Free admission for Veterans at Patriots Point. On Thursday November 9th the Yorktown will host “Behind the lines, War letters by American Heroes” from 7pm – 9pm. Tickets are $20 with free parking. For more information visit www.patriotspoint.org.
- Park Day on Daniel’s Island- An outdoor Fall Festival of family fun and games. Live entertainment, music, food trucks and big screen tv’s showing college football. Saturday from 11am – 4pm. For more information visit danielislandparkday.com.
- The Holiday Festival of Lights is finally here! The lights run from November 11th until Janyuary 1st from 5:30pm – 10:30pm. Admission is $20 per vehicle. For more information visit holidayfestivaloflights.com.
- The Stingrays have a home hockey game at the North Charleston Coliseum Friday and Saturday at 7:05pm against the Atlanta Gladiators. For more information visit stingrayhockey.com.
- The Steeplechase of Charleston returns to the Plantation at Stono Ferry Racetrack on Sunday November 12 The event features five races beginning at 1-pm. Contests include best dressed, best hat and best tailgate. You have to think Southern Charm will be there filming. For more information visit www.steeplechasecharleston.com.
- Fill Restaurant and Piano Bar. Come watch the fun as Jonathan Ansley and a special guest musician battle it out. Shows are 6pm and 9pm. For more information visit www.fillbar.com.
- Here’s the best one: Contact me for assistance finding a new home!!
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.