Yep, it's that time of the year once again! The birds are chirping, the weather is beautiful and it's time to....CLEAN? Yes I know, it doesn't sound like much fun at all, but it needs to be done. Whether you're staying in your home or thinking about selling, getting your home ready for the Summer time is important. I suggest doing these things:
- Wash those windows! Cleaning your windows and blinds can let in a lot of new light. For a "green" cleaning solution, mix one part white vinegar to eight parts water, plus a couple drops of dish washing liquid. If you have heavy drapes, you may want to replace them with something more lightweight as well, possibly sheer.
- Get rid of the smells! Cleaning your fridge is a good start. Check the drip tray, it probably needs to be emptied and cleaned. Wash the inside of the fridge with the same solution I listed above, and place a box of open baking soda inside. I like to add hot lemon water to the dishwasher and run it on a hot cycle. You can put the lemons down your disposal to help freshen that up as well. Opening your windows and burning light scented candles is a great idea too!
- It's bedtime! We spend a lot of time in our bed so let's make it better. Vacuum, flip and rotate your mattresses and put on new mattress pads. Maybe fluff your comforter to make it more inviting.
- AC is the key! We need our AC units in top shape for the summer, right? Improve the efficiency by vacuuming grates, coils, and condensers in your furnace. Outside, follow these steps listed HERE to keep your unit nice and clean. I always like to use Hendricks Heating and Air for my preventative maintenance needs. A yearly program for $149.99 is the way to go.
- Clean walls, happy home! Over the course of the year we touch them and even drop entire jars of spaghetti sauce that shatter and then splatter all over the place (yes I did this and am still finding sauce in places 9 months later). You can use the same solution we used above. Start at the top of your walls and work your way down. Don't drench them, just lightly clean. Do not forget light switches, doors and door knobs.
Once you're done, treat yourself and the family to a nice and relaxing bite to eat and enjoy your favorite beverage on the back deck of California Dreaming, located on the Ashley River. Watch the boats go by and a beautiful sunset while munching on their California Dreaming Salad with the house dressing (hot bacon and honey mustard), and a 6 inch high Club Sandwich full of good stuff! Hungry yet?
What a great way to freshen up your home in the Spring! These are also good steps to take if you're thinking about selling. The next step is to call or email me for a complimentary marketing analysis of your home. I will take care of your family and home, delivering an experience where you are not a number or a client, but someone with unique needs that I take pride in helping and serving. With my personal touch and specific marketing program catered to you, I will provide the best experience possible!