Things to do this weekend in Charleston!
Things to do this weekend in Charleston!!
Here we go again! Another weekend with the temperatures in the 80’s and plenty of sun. What to do? The beach is the obvious choice for relaxation, as long as you make your way to the beach by 10am. After that, the time it takes will generally be at least twice as long. What else is there? Here are a few suggestions:
- The Spoleto festival host numerous performances in opera, dance, theater, and numerous music genres. For ticket information call 843-579-3100
- Piccolo Spoleto, the offspring of the Spoleto Festival, features performers primarily from the Southeast and the events are free.
- The annual Sand Sculpting contest will be held on Isle of Palms on Saturday from 9am until noon. This is a free event held behind the Windjammer.
- The Party at the Point continues at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina Friday night from 5:30pm – 9:30pm. The feat ured band this weekend is Sgt. Submarine, a Beatles tribute band. Admission is $7 and food and beverages are available for purchase. For more information call 843 769-4799
- Beat the heat, the ice is nice! Sunday night the SC Stringrays need your support at the North Charleston Coliseum at 7pm. The Rays are down 2-0 against the Colorado Eagles in the competition for the Kelly Cup. Game 4 is Monday at the Coliseum. For more information call 800-745-3000.
- The Charleston Battery host the Louisville City FC Saturday at 7pm at the MUSC Health Stadium. Tickets are $9.30, food and beverages are available for purchase. Beer is at the low, low rate of $2. What??? $2 beer at a sports arena? Yep! For more information call 843-971-GOAL.
- The Deep Water Vineyard/Firefly Distillery will have music and food from noon until 4pm. The facilities are a nice drive out to Wadmalaw Island. Head out to have a relaxing afternoon sampling the spirits at the Vineyard and Distillery. For more information call 843-559-6867.
The list can go on and on. For more information on Charleston events or if you’re looking for a new home in the Charleston area give me a call….or email…..or text.