Things to do in Charleston
I was speaking with a tourist the other day discussing how great the Charleston area is and why. Most of the information I was giving was about how good the restaurants are and the night life on upper King Street. The young man then asked me “is there anything else to do besides eat and drink?” Sure there is:
- The beaches - Sullivan’s Island, Isle of Palms and Folly Beach.
- Horse carriage tours.
- The Aquarium downtown.
- Angel Oak on Johns Island.
- Walking ghost tours.
- Paddle board and kayak rentals on Shem Creek.
- See the restored Hunley submarine.
- Visit the Yorktown Aircraft Carrier
- The Gibbes Museum of Art
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
The list can go on and on. If you’re a local, it’s always fun to play tourist for a day!