The Avid Rehabber FSBO
Posted By: John Boyer
In: The Avid Rehabber
Date: Thu, Aug 31st 2017 10:51 am
The Avid Rehabber FSBO
In a prior blog I posted a video of "after hours five o'clock somewhere." Well the following picture taken at 5:30 pm shows that "after hours" is not all play. That is me showing property to Two Girls and a Guy Handshake Blake.
For Sale By Owner
I think everyone knows what FSBO is but I would like to discuss what the advantages are to selling your property with a Professional REALTOR®
- Advertising; REALTORS® are professionals and will have the knowledge to have a professionally worded ad for the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) that will be pushed out to other online sources such as Zillow, Trulia, Flip Comp, Realflow and Craigslist for example.
- Professional Pictures; REALTORS® have photographers that specifically shoot real estate pictures. They know how to Photoshop and take the right pictures because...pictures sell houses.
- Staging; This practice will set the stage for a sale closer to asking price. As a matter of fact, REALTORS® know what staging will do and will typically set the selling price higher than a non staged house.
- Preparing to Market; Prior to putting the “For Sale” sign in the front yard REALTORS® know the extensive paper work that needs to be in place: title insurance policy, disclosure statements, home warranty paperwork, pre-inspection reports to name a few.
- CMA; Real Estate Agents have the knowledge and tools to get a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) together to set the right price for the house to be listed for.
- Negotiation; REALTORS® have studied the art of negotiation. Having the knowledge of professional negotiation will certainly gain more dollars in the end when selling your house.
- Counter offers; An Agent will know the right way to counter an offer. For example your house is for sale for $250,000 an offer comes in for $240,000 and the buyer asks you to pay the closing cost (approximately $7,500). A savvy Real Estate Agent may counter offer agreeing to pay the closing costs if the buyer will pay the original asking price.
So when you decide to sell your home, contact a REALTOR® who will work with you to get the most for your property.