New Stores expected to be opening soon in the Lowcountry
I always like to hear what new stores are coming to the Lowcountry, that being said I would like to share somethings that I have heard and read about.
- West Ashley has a new building under construction on Sam Rittenberg Rd that will house 2 restaurants, Famous Toastry and Wingstop. Along with that there will be a Navy Federal Credit Union.
- Harris Teeter is also coming to the West Ashley area at the plaza near Ashely River and Sam Rittenberg with other retailers to follow including Ulta and Home Goods.
- Dock Street Theatre in downtown will also be moving to West Ashly and will double in size and add a dance studio, class rooms and a 120 seat performance venue.
- A new grocery chain food store Lowes is expected to open its first Charleston area supermarket by the end of this year on Dorchester Rd in Summerville and they are planning on opening a second store in Mt Pleasant off of Hwy 41.
- There is a second Lowes Home Improvements in Mt Pleasant that is scheduled to open the end of this year or close to the beginning of next year. Home Depot is also expected to start building off of Highway 17 in Mt Pleasant. This right here shows you that the growth in Mt Pleasant can handle 3 big box home improvement stores all within a 5 mile radius.
These are just a few of the businesses that are coming to the area or expanding in the market. The growth in the area is not only growing on the residential side but the commercial side as well. The development just seems to be happening overnight. It makes it very difficult to travel at certain times of the day which the windows keep getting shorter and shorter.
So if you are new to the area and would like some help on figuring out where would be the best location to start looking for a home please give me a call and we can discuss some options. I would love to help you!