National Kids to Parks Day Events
National kids to the park day is sponsored by the National Park Trust and will take place this Friday May 19th and Saturday May 20th. In South Carolina alone there are over 60 events for you and your children to participate in. Most of them are free and most are ALL ACCESSIBLE meaning they are stroller, wheelchair, wagon, and bicycle friendly!
Find out how your child can become a jr park ranger and earn at badge at
- Conagree National Park
- Cowpens National Battlefield
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- Kings Mountain National Military Park
- Ninety Six National Historic Site
- Fort Moultrie
Take a scenic hike around
- Table Rock State Park
- Crowfield Plantation
- Campbells Covered Bridge
- Old Santee Canal Park
- Riverfront park
- Givhans Ferry State Park
- Commissary Trail at Mount Mitchell State Park
- Diary of a Spider at Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve
- Streamside Hike at South Mountains State Park
- Nocturnal Hike at Pilot Mountain State Park
- Night Hike with a Ranger at Hanging Rock State Park
- And so many more!!
Also enjoy different events learning about Snakes, bears, turtles, beds, reptiles and more! Enjoy a canoe trip or splash in the water! Get your family out to a park this weekend and have fun being active together!